Prisma policies were crafted for the health, safety, and well-being of the student.
Prisma Dance is a working dance studio and can only thrive by the collaborative effort of parents, students, instructors, and staff involvement and support. Parents are expected to support their child’s artistic development (i.e. performances, classes, rehearsals, etc.) through volunteering their time and effort.
All communication is sent via email.
Please direct all communication regarding enrollment, registration, tuition, classes, etc., to email@example.com.
Please see our website for current phone number and contact hours.
Please ensure Prisma Dance has a valid phone number, email address, contact and billing information for your student(s).
For emergency purposes, please provide an emergency contact name and phone number that is different from the parent/guardian of a minor child.
Please visit our website www.prismadance.com for the most current updates and important information.
Dates & Holidays:
Please visit our website www.prismadance.com for the most current important dates, breaks and holidays.
Required Document to attend Prisma Dance:
- Permission to Participate and Parental Consent Form: TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM CLICK HERE Permission to Participate and Parental Consent Form
- Release of Liability
- Emergency Medical Treatment Authorization
- Photo/Video/Media Release Agreement
- A child who is fully potty trained and is at least three (3) years old before their trial class can be enrolled into Prisma Dance classes.
Note: Please understand that Prisma Dance has the right at any time deemed necessary to not accept, or dismiss, any student who does not comply with the school’s requirements.
- First time enrollment is $30 (per family)
- Returning student enrollment is $30 (per family)
Note: In general, the enrollment fee will not be refunded by voluntary withdrawal or change of mind.
If a student has been un-enrolled from classes at any point for any length of time, please email Prisma Dance at firstname.lastname@example.org to recover your account. Please do not create a new account. Students will need to pay the re-enrollment fee of $30 (per family) to begin taking classes.
Please ensure Prisma Dance has a valid phone number, email address, contact and billing information for your student(s). To update and/or enter any new information, login to your account. Please be sure to “click” apply/save.
Prisma Dance instructors will place each student in an appropriate level for maximum development. Initial level placements are generally based on age and student ability. Students at Prisma Dance will be placed with care and consideration so they will flourish and continue growth at all levels of training.
Tuition is due in full regardless of the number of classes the student attends. If the student does not attend classes due to illness or vacation while classes are in session, Prisma Dance does not offer proration or compensation for days missed. Tuition is based on an annual rate for the school calendar year. School breaks and holidays are accounted for in the annual tuition fee. Any alteration to the school calendar does not change the tuition fee.
Tuition is due the first (1st) of each month.
Payments received after the fifth (5th) of each month will incur a $20 Late Fee and may result in the student not being allowed to participate in class until payment has been rendered.
An account is considered delinquent if tuition has not been paid by the fifteenth (15th) of the month and student(s) on the account will be withdrawn from their class(es). Any outstanding balances plus the re-enrollment fee of $30 (per family) must be paid to rejoin class(es).
Prisma Dance offers prorated fees for the following circumstances:
- Tuition proration is offered to newly enrolled students.
- Half of regular tuition will be charged for students taking their free trial after the fifteenth (15th) of the month.
- Full tuition will be charged for students taking their free trial on or before the fifteenth (15th) of the month.
- Prisma Dance may offer a prorated fee on a case-by-case basis for extreme illness, extreme injury or other extreme cases.
Note: Prisma Dance does not offer credit or make-up classes for the cancellation of a class due to instructor illness/emergency, facility unavailability, natural disaster, emergency, or Prisma Dance-related events.
- Credit Card: For all locations payment can be made by credit card. Login to your Prisma Dance account and enter your credit card information. Credit cards are automatically charged on the first (1st) of each month. Credit card processing delayed after the fifth (5th) of the month will be charged a late fee of $20.
- Check: Checks must be payable to “Prisma Dance”.
Returned Check Policy: If a check is used to satisfy payment and is returned or dishonored by your financial institution, no matter the reason, you will be assessed a $25 Returned Check Fee and your enrollment is subject to cancellation. In addition, any penalties assessed on a returned check will be charged to the student’s account.
In the event that a check has been returned, the issuer will be notified and informed that they have 10 days to make restitution, including any related bank penalties assessed. A personal check will not be accepted as repayment for a returned check. Restitution must be made in the form of cash, cashier’s check, money order or other certified funds.
- Cash: Exact cash only. No coins accepted. No change given. Payments made with coins will be returned.
Note: Cash OR Check is accepted as payment. Combinations of these payment methods will be returned and will incur the $20 late fee. All Cash/Check payments must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the last name on your Prisma Dance account.
How to Submit Cash/Check Payments:
For all locations payment may be paid by mailing a check made out to “Prisma Dance” to the Prisma Dance Office, 1304 Palolo Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816.
- Kalihi Studio: Payment may be dropped in the white box located on the wall in the waiting area OR payment may be mailed in.
- Extension Schools: Payment must be mailed to 1304 Palolo Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816.
Prisma Dance is not liable for any lost/late payments made via mail. Payments received after the 5th will incur the late fee.
Note: Instructors are not allowed to take any type of payment.
Payment Changes: If you would like to change your payment method, please email Prisma Dance before the first (1st) of the month. Once your credit card is charged, no refund is offered for another method of payment.
Myron B. Thompson Academy (MBTA):
- Payment Policy: Prisma Dance will accept MBTA payments if the following steps are followed.
- Submit a hardcopy of the MBTA Lesson Authorization form to Prisma Dance with a pre-paid envelope addressed to MBTA.
- Notify Prisma Dance via email once MBTA has given approval.
- Prisma will send an email confirmation to the parent/guardian when MBTA payments will be applied and the date student(s) can begin attending class(es).
- Adding Classes: If you would like to add classes at Prisma Dance within MBTA’s limits and timeline, please follow the above instructions. MBTA forms may be submitted to Prisma Dance anytime between June 1st and Dec 15th.
- Family Restrictions: For families that have some children in MBTA and some that are not, Prisma Dance requires a credit card to be on file to process your non-MBTA student’s tuition and fees. Late fees will still be applied to students whose tuition is not covered by MBTA.
- Other Information: Prisma Dance tuition is due the 1st of the month. Because MBTA pays Prisma at the end of the month, you will see a “credit” in your account. This “credit” has no monetary value and is for Prisma Dance accounting purposes only. Prisma Dance will process all tuition and fees for MBTA families.
Note: Parents/guardians, please do not process your own credit card to ensure accounts are accurate and balanced. If you have any questions about transactions, balances, etc. please email email@example.com
Attendance, Absences & Lateness:
ATTENDANCE: Consistent attendance and being on time is a high priority for safety and improvement.
ABSENCES: If the student does not attend classes due to illness or vacation while classes are in session, Prisma Dance does not offer proration or compensation for days missed. Tuition is based on an annual rate for the school calendar year. School breaks and holidays are accounted for in the annual tuition fee. Any alteration to the school calendar does not change the tuition fee.
Prisma does not offer any credit, refund, proration, make-up or deferment for missed classes.
LATENESS: Students will have a 10-minute grace period for lateness. They will need to ask permission from the instructor to enter the class. If students arrive more than 10 minutes late, they may be asked to watch class due to safety concerns as well as etiquette.
Prisma Dance reserves the right to cancel and/or combine any class for any reason, including, but not limited to: insufficient number of students enrolled to support an instructor for the class, instructor illness/emergency, facility unavailability, natural disaster, emergency, or Prisma Dance related events. Proration or make-up classes are not offered for class cancellations.
Students enrolled in a class which is cancelled will be notified by email and/or phone call.
A class will be cancelled for the day if zero (0) students show up after 15 minutes of the class’ start time.
GENERAL GUIDELINES and ETIQUETTE – For Students, Parents and Guests
Prisma Dance desires to be a blessing, stewarding well over the studios, locations, equipment, resources, and costumes that have been entrusted to us. We expect all students, parents, and guests to respect and follow all Prisma Dance policies, procedures, guidelines, etiquette, and expectations.
- Students, parents, and guests will interact respectfully and with honor at all times.
- Students, parents, and guests are expected to behave in a responsible manner, exercising self-discipline, courtesy, kindness, respect, and charity.
- Parents, siblings and guests must wait in designated areas.
- All minors must have adult supervision at all times. Prisma Dance is not responsible for unattended minors.
- Prisma Dance is not responsible for students outside of class time.
- Young children should be monitored in the bathroom and assisted as needed.
- Please keep the waiting area peaceful and pleasant for everyone. When waiting, please be quiet.
- Eating is only allowed in designated areas.
- Individuals are expected to clean up after themselves. If cleaning equipment is not available to you, please notify the instructor(s) and they will assist you in securing what is needed.
- Please enter and exit dance rooms respectfully and quietly. Please do not slam doors.
- Bags/belongings should be stored neatly on provided shelves, racks, and cubbies.
- Street shoes are not allowed on the dance floors.
- Dance shoes should not be worn outside the studio.
- Please do not touch or use items/equipment without instructor’s permission.
Note: Parents/guardians are expected to pick up their student(s) promptly after class. Please notify the instructor(s) if you will be late picking up your student(s). We strongly discourage allowing students to walk to the parking lots alone. Please come to the room/studio to pick up your student(s).
- Please send water bottles and any other items your student(s) may need during class into the room with your student.
- When waiting, please be quiet.
- Parents/siblings are not allowed on the dance floors/class areas unless invited by the instructor.
- If invited into the dance room by the instructor, so as not to disrupt instruction, please:
- Silence all cell phones and electronic devices.
- Take all minimal noise outside.
- Take loud children outside.
- Leave all disciplining of your student(s) to the instructor(s) during class.
- No photography and/or videotaping during class, except with the instructor‘s permission.
Note: Instructors reserve the right to ask parents/siblings to wait outside the dance room when needed.
Prisma Dance is not responsible for any personal items that are lost, damaged and/or stolen at the studio or at studio-related activities. Students are strongly advised to mark all personal belongings, including all uniform items.